Duration of the project
01.01.2014. - 15.12.2014.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
To develop and promote the reception of G.F.Stender in an international and contemporary discourse.
The goals of the project are:
1) to actualize works by G.F.Stender, their research and the cultural heritage of Enlightenment under new aspects;
2) to point out and summarize the European contexts of the Baltic Enlightenment;
3) to reveal and strengthen the concept of Baltics as an essential part of the united cultural space of European Enlightenment.
Main activities of the project
Collaboration program of the project:
- Development of an international project. Translation of theses from Latvian into English language (till December 22).
- Publication of conference theses and program.
Procedure of the conference:
Riga (04.09.14): University of Latvia, National Library (opening of an exhibition dealing with G.F.Stenders creative work and Enlightenment
Jelgava (05.09.14): Ģ.Eliass Museum for History and Arts – conference, visiting Jelgava and the museum, concert (songs with G.F.Stenders texts)
Riga, Viesīte and Sunākste (06.09.14): conference (Riga, Viesīte Culture Palace) and concert in the church of Sunākste – 18th cnt. Music in Courland.
Target group and number of persons involved
Researchers, students, teachers – 100 – 120, Riga), museum employees and others (Jelgava, Viesīte, 200).