Duration of the project
15.06.2018. - 30.11.2018.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
International conference „Language and Culture Contacts in the Baltic See Area” (Riga, 09.20.-09.22.2018) with aims as following:
- Transfer of knowledge between different disciplines of human science and related sciences what is a conceptual background of the conference,
- Strengthening of international cooperation, establishment of networks and development of new projects, which foresee involvement of institutions beside universities,
- Strengthening of presence and relevance of humanistic research in the social discourse in general.
Main activities of the project
- Conference (plenary and work in two sections: presentations and paper discussions) at the University of Latvia (Raiņa boulevard 19) 09.20.-09.22.2018.
- Networking (coffee breaks discussions, reception of speakers and guests by the Embassy of Germany in Latvia).
- Topically related cultural program (museum Ungurmuiža/Orellen and the historical museum Cēsis/Wenden).
Target group and number of the involved persons
Direct: 26 participants who give scholarly papers and participate in discussions from seven countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Germany, Denmark, Finland and Spain as well as ca. 20 listeners – members of Association of Latvian Germanists, teaching staff from Universities, Students of Germanistics, History, Cultural Science, Translatology etc.
Indirect: general audience (ca. 10 persons) – interested persons from Latvian and German cultural societies, from different cultural institutions in Baltic countries.