Duration of the project
01.02.2021. - 20.08.2021.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Lyubomir Lazov
Achieved aim(s) of the project
1) Development of a digital WEB-based module for laser safety in the context of EU norms and standards for the German-Latvian master’s degree in laser technologies (Double degree program)
2) Organization and implementation of a online pilot seminar to implement the new digital WEB-based module. The focus of the seminar is on the presentation and discussion of the possible applications of the developed digital teaching materials in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic in EU countries.
Main activities and venues
1) Development of eight e-learning digital WEB-based modules at the Rezekne Academy of Technologies (Latvia) – with contributions from professors and employees from the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida, Germany and the RTA, Latvia.
2) Implementation of a online workshop at the Rezekne Academy of Technologies with the participation of guest speakers and employees from the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida, Germany, and students and representatives of the industry from Latvia on the topic: „In Focus: Laser Safety 2021”. The focus of the seminar is the discussion of the practical application possibilities of the newly developed digital e-learning materials about “Laser Safety”.
Direct and indirect target group
1st and 2nd-grade students of the MA degree in laser technology and BM – degree in mechatronics, approx. 15 participants.
- Students, scientific employees in the laser technology research area at the Rezekne Academy of Technologies and specialists working in the laser industry, (approx. 40 people).
- The Workshop “In Focus: Laser Safety 2021” was attended by 55 participants from Latvia, Germany, Bulgaria, Romania and Great Britain