Duration of the project
01.02.2021. - 20.08.2021.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Lyubomir Lazov
- Development of a new digital WEB-based module for laser safety in the context of EU norms and standards for the German-Latvian master’s degree in laser technologies (Double degree program)
- Organization and implementation of a virtual pilot seminar to implement the new digital WEB-based module. The seminar will focus on the presentation and discussion of the possible applications of the developed digital teaching materials in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic in EU countries.
Main activities and venues
- Development of a new e-learning digital WEB-based module at the Rezekne Academy of Technologies (Latvia) – with contributions from professors and employees from the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida, Germany and the RTA, Latvia.
- Implementation of a virtual seminar at the Rezekne Academy of Technologies with the participation of guest speakers and employees from the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida, Germany, and students and representatives of the industry from Latvia on the topic: “Laser safety – EU norms and standards”.
- The seminar will focus on the discussion of practical application possibilities of the newly developed digital e-learning materials about Laser Safety.
Organization of a workshop on June 18, 2021, at the Rezekne Academy of Technologies with guest speakers and moderators from the Laser Institute- Hochschule Mittweida and representatives of the Chambers of Commerce and Industry, SMEs, and other stakeholders from the Baltic States.
Direct and indirect target group
Direct target group: 1st and 2nd-grade students of the MA degree in laser technology and BM – degree in mechatronics, approx. 15 participants.
Indirect target group: Students, scientific employees in the laser technology research area at the Rezekne Academy of Technologies and specialists from industry, approx. 20 participants.