Duration of the project
01.07.2012. - 15.12.2012.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Riga Technical University
Fraunhofer IFF Institute Magdeburg
Aim of the project
To promote the training of specialists in the field of engineering sciences by the use of Virtual Reality and Digital Engineering innovative solutions.
Main activities of the project
- Adapt Virtual Reality and Digital Engineering solutions to the Baltic States conditions;
- Install corresponding software demonstrators at the RTU BONITA showroom;
- Organize the 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Education Systems and Technology-enhanced Learning mainly focused on promotion of Virtual Reality and Digital Engineering solutions.
Target group and number of persons involved
Technical universities students, engineering enterprises’s specialists.
The project is based on the results of:
- Long-term research cooperation between Fraunhofer IFF Institute and RTU (since 1995);
- DeBaVar_Net project: German – Baltic Competence Network for Supporting Virtual Reality innovative products and services (project has been supported by BMBF);
- BONITA project: Baltic Sea Region INTERREG programme project „Baltic Sea Region Innovative Organisations and Associations Network”.