Duration of the project
01.01.2013. - 28.06.2013.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
The main objectives of this project are:
- to allow students to acquire the basics of the German legal system;
- to start an internship program for lecturers exchanging between Vilnius University and J. W. Goethe University Frankfurt;
- to improve the quality of „German Law School“ lectures;
- to promote a closer cooperation with J. W. Goethe University Frankfurt;
- to gain more experience in organizing international projects and other events;
- to contribute in public legal education programs.
Main activities of the project
A series of lectures and practical exercises on the German Law topics.
- March 7-9 „Civil Procedure Law“ (prof. Gilles and Michaela Roth);
- March 21-23 „Administrative Law“ (prof. Ebsen);
- April 4-6 „Criminal Law“ (prof. Guenther);
- April 18-20 „Criminal Process Law“ (dr. Reuss);
- April 25-27 „Company Law“ (prof. Kohl).
Target group and number of persons involved
The target group for this project was Law and Philology students, other people, who were interested in German and EU Law, German legal language. This year „German Law School“ had 20 participants. At the end of the project Vilnius University and J. W. Goethe University Frankfurt provided sertificates for those participants, who passed the exams and met other requirements.