Duration of the project
01.12.2012. - 18.03.2013.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
University of Latvia
Latvian Academy of Culture
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Albert – Ludwig University Freiburg
Tallinn University & Under and Tuglas Literature Centre of the Estonia Academy of Sciences
Institute of Lithuanian Literature and Folklore
Aim of the project
Scientific aims of the project :
- to develop and promote R.Blaumanis literary heritage in a modern international context and contemporary discourse;
- the research of R.Blaumanis creative work within the context of German and German Baltic literature;
- the analyses of Blaumanis creative work within the context of Baltic literature and theatre;
- adopting new theoretical methods in the investigations of Latvian and German Baltic literature, actualizing the recent access methods of German studies.
Social aim of the conference: to promote Rūdolfs Blaumanis and his creative work in the cultural space of Latvia in his 150 anniversary.
Main activities of the project
- 49 scientific papers presented by scientists from institutions of nine different states
- Round Table discussion Blaumanis stagings today. Members: producers and directors Mihails Gruzdovs, Elmārs Seņkovs, Indra Roga, Lauris Gundars, Valters Sīlis un Viktors Jansons. Moderator: Līga Ulberte.
* R.Blaumanis and the 19th/20th cnt. cultural revolution in Europe prepared by the Riga Central Library;
* R.Blaumanis comedy “Tailor-Days in Silmači” through the century prepared by the scientific library of the University of Latvia
- Premiere of a film by M.Balode and J.Siliņš Blaumanis. “The Indrans” – message in Ērgļi and the closing of the conference at Blaumanis Memorial Museum “Braki”
- Excursions to Riga Art Nouveau Museum and Janis Rozentāls and Rūdolfs Blaumanis Museum; performances „Purva bridējs” / “The Swamp Trekker” (National Theatre of Latvia); „Indrāni” / “The Indrans” (Russian Drama Theatre);
- Conference program and summaries were published;
- One could follow the conference through www: http://www.lu.lv/tiesraide
Target group and number of persons involved
Conferece participants were: scientists from Latvia and abroad, museum employees and investigators, librarians, teachers, students and schoolchildren, etc.
Direct attendance – 240, through www. – 196.