Duration of the project
01.07.2013. - 10.12.2013.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
University of Latvia
Aim of the project
- further development of interdisciplinary collaboration of specialists with biological and mathematical background in optimisation of biochemical networks,
- development of collaboration between biologists and software developers,
- improvement of visibility of interdisciplinary collaboration at international level,
- assessment of features of optimisation methods of COPASI,
- development of rational suggestions for the choice of optimisation methods of dynamic models of biochemical networks.
Main activities of the project
- Exchange of experience and agreement about the set-up of numerical experiments.
- Seminar “Opportunities of optimization of dynamic biochemical networks” in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Carrying out of optimisation experiments to find out the properties of optimisation methods optimizing biochemical networks. Preparation of scientific publication.
- Seminar “Algorithms for optimisation of dynamic biochemical networks” for biologists, biotechnologists and information technologists in Riga, Latvia.
Target group and number of persons involved
The target group are the participants of interdisciplinary field of systems biology: biologists, biotechnologists and computer scientists. 31 persons are addressed personally via seminars, unknown amount via internet.