Duration of the project
01.08.2013. - 01.12.2013.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
University of Latvia
University of Mainz
Aim of the project
- To organize a lecture course „Synthesis of the nitrogen oxide in the organism: how to keep an equilibrium?’
- To perform a joint experiment with the German partner
Main activities of the project
- Lecture “Molecular Mechanisms of Regulation and Expession of th human Inducible NO Synthase”
- Lecture “Role of NO in the Mechanisms of Action of Different Pharmacological Remedies”
- Seminar ”Ability of Substances to Intercalate between DNA Strands and their Biological Activity”
- The joint experiment “Modifications of iNOS expression in rats with experimental diabetes mellitus”
Target group and number of persons involved
Listeners of the Doctoral School “Biomedicine”, listeners of the Doctoral School “Translational Medicine”, scientists from the University of Latvia, Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis, Biomedical Centre, Riga Stradiņš University, Latvian Academy of Agriculture, Institute of Biology of the University of Latvia: 30 persons in total.