Duration of the project
01.07.2017. - 15.12.2017.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
- Develop stimuli responsive plasmonic nanowire colloids with variable optical properties readable by the naked eye.
- To establish long-term collaboration between partner institutions.
Main activities of the project
- Synthesis and characterization of Au NWs (Leibniz Institute for New Materials, Saarbrücken, Germany)
- Fabrication of Au NW colloids (Riga Technical University, Latvia)
- Optical measurements on prepared materials (University of Tartu, Estonia)
Target group and number of persons involved
Direct: Two scientists from the Riga Technical University, Latvia; three scientists from the Institute of Physics of the University of Tartu, Estonia; 4 scientists from Germany.
Total in target group: 9
Indirect (Public not directly involved in the project activities): Presentations on stimuli responsive materials and results produced during the project will be presented in partner institutions. Indirect public (students and other members of the involved institutes) will be invited to attend the presentations.
Total in target group: 20