Duration of the project
16.06.2014. - 07.11.2014.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
The project aim was to further develop cooperation between the University of Latvia, Pauls Stradins clinical University and Munich Technical University Rechts der Isar Clinic researchers. As well, to expand the existing cooperation involving new technologies, new partners from the Baltic countries. By the conference organizing to raise Latvian and Baltic students, doctors – residents, young scientists, who are interested in gastroenterology, pancreatology. The results obtained in the study of cooperation plays a role in practical medicine. The results obtained can be used for treatment of patients with clinical guidelines for the development of a diagnostic decision-making.
Main activities of the project
- Preparations for the conference; preparation of presentations with existing data processing and analysis, literature collection.
- Preparing visit to the Technical University of Munich Rechts der Isar Klinicum, Clinic of Internal Medicine II, Clinic of Gastroenterology, Endoscopy (Germany).
- Technical activities; creation of advertising, informative materials, registration of participants procedure and the conference required materials (certificates, participants identification cards, registration forms).
- Conference on 29th August, 2014, it`s venue – the Great Aula, University of Latvia, Raina Boulevard 19, Riga.
- Conference results summarization, reports processing, further project of long-term planning development.
- PEPSI study expansion in cooperation with Lithuanian and Estonian universities hospitals
Target group and number of persons involved
Target audience: gastroenterologists, endoscopists, abdominal surgeons, radiologists, internists, doctoral students, trainees and medical students. The conference was attended by 141 member.