Duration of the project
01.07.2017. - 15.12.2017.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Kaunas University of Technology
Technical University Dortmund
Estonian Business School
University of Latvia
Aim of the project
To highlight the main challenges of expatriates’ adjustment in the Baltic States.
Main activities of the project
- Seminar Possibilities and challenges of adjustment of expatriates in the Baltic states were delivered at Kaunas University of Technology, School of Economics and Business, Gedimino str. 50, Kaunas, Lithuania, on 22-09-2017. Project partners, participants from business, society and academicians took part in this seminar.
- Workshop on designing methodology of business expatriates’ adjustment and steps for conducting study was organized at Kaunas University of Technology, School of Economics and Business, Gedimino str. 50, Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Open lecture Challenges of adjustment of expat knowledge workers in Central and Eastern European context, delivered by prof. L.Leisyte (Germany) at Kaunas University of Technology, School of Economics and Business, Gedimino str. 50-117, Kaunas, Lithuania, 22-09-2017.
- Open lecture How to pre-empt organizational crises through innovation and entrepreneurship, delivered by prof. R.Alas (Estonia) at Kaunas University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design, Studentų St. 56-154, Kaunas, Lithuania, 21-09-2017.
- Open lecture Expatriation experiences in China and Austria, delivered by B.Scharrer (Latvia/German) at Kaunas University of Technology, School of Economics and Business, Gedimino str. 50-333, Kaunas, Lithuania, 20-09-2017.
- Open lecture at TU Dortmund, delivered by prof. V.Kumpikaite-Valiuniene, dr. J. Duobiene (Lithuania), A.-L. Rose (TU Dortmund) Vogelpothsweg 78, TU Dortmund, Germany, 29-11-2017
Target group and number of persons involved
- 7 partner participants, who took part in this project.
- 2 discussants from business and academia, not partners of this project.
- 26 interviewed expatriates (4 in Germany, 4 in Latvia, 10 expatriates in Lithuania and 8 expatriates in Estonia (totally 26).
- 11 members of academic staff who participated in the seminar from Kaunas University of Technology and other Universities.
- 18 students from Kaunas university of technology and other institutions, who participated in the seminar in Kaunas University of Technology and other Universities .
- 9 society members (expatriates, businessmen, other people) interested in an event participated in this seminar.
- 83 students and 12 other guests, who participated in lectures of Prof. L.Leisyte, Prof. R.Alas and B. Scharrer at KTU.
- 30 students and 8 academics who participated in the lecture of Prof. Kumpikaite-Valiuniene, J.Duobiene and A.L. Rose in TU Dortmund.
Society in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Germany those who will read articles about event published in media.