Duration of the project
01.07.2013. - 15.12.2013.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Riga Technical University
University of Rostock
Aim of the project
The project „Knowledge co-production in information logistics“ is intended as mutual effort of Riga Technical University, Latvia and University of Rostock, Germany of establishing joint applied research in the field of information logistics following the approach of industry and academia jointly producing new knowledge (co-production).
- Extend the industrial network of both universities in the area of information logistics
- Elaborate subjects of research in information logistics with potential for attracting research funding
- Prepare strategic acquisition plan for research funding in the context of knowledge co-production and information logistics for SMES with industrial participation
- Incorporate knowledge co-production in Masters of Business Informatics programs at the University of Rostock and in Riga Technical University
Main activities of the project
- Analysis of knowledge co-production opportunities in Riga, Latvia and and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern region in Germany and preparation of application examples and guidelines
- Organization of information logistics events in Latvia
- Development of teaching materials for students
- Analysis of funding opportunities and preparation of an acquisition plan
Target group and number of persons involved
- The information about the seminar was distributed via social networks and „Dienas Bizness“. Information in „Dienas Bizness“was reach by 54 enterprise representatives. Representatives of 8 local and 2 foreigh enterprisesand 4 foreign academic institutions attended the seminar.
- 6 RTU researchers and 3 RU researchers participated in the project.
- Lectures on information Logistics were delivered to more than 30 RTU students and 21 RU students. 22 RTU students participated in the Information Logistics seminar. Some of them were also in the status of enterprise representatives. 12 Students participated in the project in full extend and submitted their research done accordingly to the pattern developed in the project.