Duration of the project
01.06.2019. - 15.11.2019.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
- Technological optimization of Si, Al and Ag recovering from Rejected Solar Cells/Wafers (RSCWs) with respect to primary mechanical pretreatment and by changes of different technological conditions.
- Investigated technological application of treated RSCWs for coating of metallic surfaces.
- Planning of a system for RSCWs chemical recycling.
Main activities of the project and venue(s) where the project activities were carried out
- Project management and dissemination of results (KTU, TUHH).
- Solar cells waste preparation for laboratory investigations (KTU).
- Laboratory investigations for chemical treatment of solar cells waste and recovering of valuable materials (TUHH, KTU, LU).
- Investigations for technological application feasibilities of obtained recovering products (KTU).
- Theoretical designing of system and its units for RSCWs treatment and recovering of Si, Al and Ag; determination of process economic and environmental indicators (KTU, TUHH, LU).
Achieved target group and number of persons involved
Direct: KTU, LU and TUHH professors (3 persons), KTU senior researches (2 persons), KTU, LU and TUHH PhD students (9 persons), KTU master students (3 persons).
Indirect: Lithuanian company JSC “SoliTek R&D”, 2 persons.
Public events (lectures, workshops, conferences etc.) in the frame of the project. Please indicate the date, venue and speakers.
Kick-off meeting in Germany, at the TUHH, 19-20.06.2019. G. Denafas, R. Ozola, K. Kuhta, A. Košeļeva, M. Abis, S. Dīdlers.
Training and research in Germany, at the TUHH, 08-12.07.2019. Kuhta, A.Košeļeva, M. Ābis, S. Dīdlers, A. Šleiniūte, R. Ozola.
Intermediate meeting in Lithuania, at the KTU, 29-30.08.2019. G. Denafas, K. Kuhta, M. Klavinš, R. Bendikiene, J. Denafas, A. Šleiniūte, J.Roberts, A.Košeļeva, M. Ābis, S. Dīdlers, R. Ozola.
Final meeting in Latvija, at the LU, 05. -06.11.2019. G. Denafas, M. Kļavinš, R. Bendikiene, J. Denafas, A. Šleiniūte, J. Roberts, A.Kosheleva, R.Ozola.