Duration of the project
01.06.2018. - 30.11.2018.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
1) to study how Hippo proteins are regulated in skeletal muscle by mechanical overloading and and caloric restriction.
2) to inform public about the latest achievements in research on age-related loss of muscle function.
Main activities of the project
1. Meeting at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) to carry out a visit to the research facilities and discuss future prospects of collaboration.
2. Workshop “Muscle ageing and health” at the Lithuanian Sports University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
3. Research work on the joint project “Effects caloric restriction on skeletal muscles” and transport of samples for further analysis at TUM.
Target group and number of persons involved
88 members of the public participated in the symposium and constituted the direct target group in Kaunas. It is expected that approximately 400 people were informed about the symposium and constituted the indirect target group of the project.