Duration of the project
01.06.2019. - 15.11.2019.
Countries and institutions involved in the project
Aim of the project
The intent of the project “KulTourCaching” is to promote a wider accessibility to the Baltic States and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania intangible cultural heritage. The purpose of the joint cross-border project is not only to make available the above mentioned intangible cultural heritage in a contemporary format appropriate for generations and interests, but also give a chance to experience it as an attractive educating and informative geocaching game.
Simultaneously, an innovative learning approach will be offered for the regional culture exploration in an unconventional way for preschool/school age children.
The modern industrialized age cannot be imagined without any ambitious education projects.
The approach with the slogan “not to teach but inspire,” based on the experienced and action directed activities, promote a sustainably high level of education at universities and schools.
In order to implement the project in the Baltic States and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania federal land, it is necessary to find partners to commence cooperation.
The kick-off conference of cooperation for Liepaja University is a task to choose appropriate partners for the project (at universities, higher educational establishments, schools, institutions, etc.) and commence organizational negotiations.
Within the framework of the organizational kick-off conference between Rostock University European Ethnology/Cultural Anthropology Research Centre and possible collaboration partners from the Baltic-German University Liaison Office, the following issues have to be looked upon:
- presentation of the project “KulTourCaching“
- creation of the internal and external preconditions for the “KulTourCaching “ project implementation
- selection of schools and preschools for pilot testing implementation
- provision of opportunities for the media competence/e-learning skill development for lectures, teachers and students (Pedagogy and Education Sciences)
- involvement of museums, cultural institutions, ethnological, i.e. institutions of earth sciences in the project