01.01.2014. - 15.12.2014.
Im Projekt einbezogenen Länder und Institutionen
Aim of the project
To develop and promote the reception of G.F.Stender in an international and contemporary discourse.
The goals of the project are:
1) to actualize works by G.F.Stender, their research and the cultural heritage of Enlightenment under new aspects;
2) to point out and summarize the European contexts of the Baltic Enlightenment;
3) to reveal and strengthen the concept of Baltics as an essential part of the united cultural space of European Enlightenment.
Main activities of the project
Collaboration program of the project:
- Development of an international project. Translation of theses from Latvian into English language (till December 22).
- Publication of conference theses and program.
Procedure of the conference:
Riga (04.09.14): University of Latvia, National Library (opening of an exhibition dealing with G.F.Stenders creative work and Enlightenment
Jelgava (05.09.14): Ģ.Eliass Museum for History and Arts – conference, visiting Jelgava and the museum, concert (songs with G.F.Stenders texts)
Riga, Viesīte and Sunākste (06.09.14): conference (Riga, Viesīte Culture Palace) and concert in the church of Sunākste – 18th cnt. Music in Courland.
Target group and number of persons involved
Researchers, students, teachers – 100 – 120, Riga), museum employees and others (Jelgava, Viesīte, 200).